There will be a general clean-up day at the Yoho Scout Reserve on Saturday afternoon, November 11th after the Remembrance Day Ceremonies – roughly 1:30 to 4:30pm.
There is a long list of jobs that need to be tackled, including:
- General cleaning (with specific emphasis on the kitchen and bathrooms)
- Minor painting and dry wall repairs
- Checking and replacing lights and fixtures
- Repairing and replacing locks on out buildings
- Cutting and collecting fire wood for main lodge and Jensen
- Picnic tables need to be moved and stacked up on the maintenance side of the building,
- Docks taken up
- Water hose taken up in Miller
- Do inventory and repair of camp cots
- Check outside stairs – and repair as necessary
We all enjoy coming to a clean and well maintained lodge – but keeping Yoho in good repair doesn’t happen by magic. We need each and every one of you to chip in and do your part.
Everyone who attends will have an opportunity to put their name in a draw for a reduced rate on their next stay at Yoho.
If you, your youth and/or parents are able to volunteer for all or part of the afternoon, please let John Boyne know so that he can ensure that tasks are organized and necessary supplies are ready for you when you arrive.